Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Swedish girl

I think I know Sweden an Swedes enough now to write this little post. After one year and a half spent here (yeah, Jönköping + Lund...), I met a lot of different people, trying to understand them and their culture and their habits etc... I guess I am sometimes disappointed. Especially by Swedish girls... Explanations.

It is not a secret for anyone, I like women. When I first got here, Sweden was like Heaven, I have to admit. I was in a class of 26 students, only 4 boys, and only one french frog. I got in touch with most of them, getting into close relationship sometimes. And through my different experiences here and there, I met some others, building a friends network quite important. Okay, I've been heartbroken, I broke some hearts, but this is life, it is everywhere the same I guess, so no blaming to swedish girls for that.
But why am I disappointed?

Okay, here is the average swedish girl I know:
- they tell you they'll call back. Never trust that, coz they never do.
- If they make a promise, tell them to write it on a paper and sign it, because they never keep it.
- don't worry if you receive the answer from a SMS only 15 days after you sent it, it doesn't mean they don't care about you, it's just their way to say they love you and they care.
- Don't plan vacation with them, they usually cancell a week or two before.
- If you start talking and flirting with a swedish girl in a bar, you have to stay focus on your work a 100%. Don't go to the bathroom, don't talk to someone else, just keep her eyes on you, because in ten seconds, she is able to be kissing another guy(s). (well, being french sometimes help to avoid that)
- Be careful when you start talking to a swedish girl. The first question you should ask is: 'do you have a boyfriend', because what a kick in the ass when after one hour talking, almost kissing, the boyfriend shows up.
- If they tell you yes for a coffee or a dinner, call them back the day after, because they'll never accept afterwards, or they will forget about it.
- If you don't have a father who is rich, your chances to just talk to a swedish girl living in Stockholm are... Well, unless you're fu..ing lucky ;)

Well, all of the above are based on real experiences, and it doesn't mean that every swedish girls are like this, and I'd like to say also that my dear Vivianne has not been taken in consideration to the creation of this 'average swedish girl' ;)
Of course, they have also very good points, but you all figured it out already. I guess this post is more made for guys... Sorry girls.

Finally, I just wanna say that even if they are rude sometimes, I like them. Certainly a melancolic ex-heartbroken who is writting now. Cheers.

5 comments:

Marie said...

First, i'm smiling cause you put this article in the "Culture" label...i love! and i agree on your explanations!

Second, i was wondering if i should or not write the same kind of article on swedish boys...well...i don't have as much experience as you do, so, i'll give my pencil to someone else :)

and i'm sure you'll find a great girl that will deserve you :)

Reshmi said...

Dear crazy, disappointed, desperate, French .. the road to success starts with a single step - may be we need to discuss "Focus"? :-))

Anyways, lets hope the new year brings in some Swedish luck!

hugs

lolo/ said...

Well, Marie. I've learnt an expression recently about swedish boys: they say here they are 'kök och potatis'...
It talks by itself...

Marie said...

Yes, always about cooking while partying (aller chasser, laisser mijoter à feux doux, etc....). If Sw boys are "Kök och potatis", just want to remind you that girls are most of the time considered as nice "morceaux de viande-pieces of meat" inthe nations, mainly by the exchange students...
Shall we change the label into "Culture and Food"? :)

Oleg said...

Now finally my veganism explains why I’m still single here!.. Merci, Marie-Hélène! ;-)