Monday, December 4, 2006

How I ended up in Lund

Alright, apparently you guys didn't post enough stories on the blog so far and now Adrianne is calling her housemates to use their memories and tell the story of how it all began. Following the fairy tale tradition initiated by Arj here we go:
One upon a time, there was this 7-year old boy who lived in a big city named Berlin. Whenever his family went to visit the grandparents and other relatives in the small village 200km away, he was very excited. There were pigs, chicken, ducks and rabbits waiting for him to be chased and looked at. But one day, his uncle took a gun and shot a sparrow from the roof of the old farmhouse and it fell to the feet of the boy, dead. What a shock, the word murderer came out of his mouth and he burst into tears, determined never to talk to his uncle again in his life...
Well, this is a long time ago and now I have a different perspective on it, but this moment was probably the turning point and from then on I decided to work with animals and nature. However, during High School and later on decisions had to be made and I realized that there are many roads to rome.
So, I decided to study Business Administration, for a simple reason. If u wanna change something, then u have to know what's going on in the world and u have to know the where to start changing it!! Eventually I made my way into the Lumes programme and didn't regret this decision at any point...thanks to all the nice people who open my spirit and allow me for a lot of new and interesting ideas and viewpoints. Let's challenge us and the world around us for the better!

Lively up yourself

1 comment:

Reshmi said...

A "diff perspective"? Hope not!
Well, one can imagine the shock of a 7 year old.. Even I wouldnt have talked to that uncle for the rest of my life!