Tuesday, December 5, 2006

My Turn :-)

When I got in at LUMES, I was reminded by Paulo Coehlo words, “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

I just dont know how I got in here. I remember that the frustration in my life was on an all time high during the month of September 2005. So specific? Well, lets say, some incidents. I kept asking myself what is that I wanted from my life… Where was I heading? Moving along the drift like a dry leaf? I think I spent many a night staring at the ceiling and brooding.. Anger. Frustration. Irritation. Hopelessness. At office, my dead lines became a mirage. Exit September.

Flash back. I grew up running behind all the neighbourhood cats and dogs and hens. Was vaccinated for dog bites and have been chased by cows for getting too pally with their younger ones. Turned into a veggie for the same reason at 15. Would you believe that I took software engineering just because that was the "in" thing then!! Well, why dig the grave .. at the end of the whole charade, the only saving grace was that I got a "decent" job. But what stayed with me while growing up was the frustration at the unjustifiable disparity of life around me!! But then courage was the last thing I had... Last 10 years of my life has been a war with my inner voices;I kept winning till one day - I called it quits.

April 2006. When I received Asa's acceptance mail, I remember sitting frozen at my off desk ..I was shit scared. First thing that struck me was that how did eco-hippies get paid in India :-)) Anyways, since then life has never been the same .. My plan to leave for Lund was a big emotional and personal "Action Drama"!!

I don’t know, but I am here (wonder, I was the only Indian applicant??) and I am enjoying every moment of it, despite of having have to live like an insomniac. And I plan to kick some butts when I get back home !!

*Mushy Hugs*

PS: No Indian spices added. No artificial colouring. All natural :-)

1 comment:

lolo/ said...

Paulo Coehlo also said:
'For a warrior of light, there is no such things as impossible love'.

I keep telling me this when it starts to be hopeless all around...
Glad you like him, me too!!!