Sunday, February 4, 2007

Systems Analysis

After all the hype we have been hearing about this course... Is it living up to our expectations? We've been warned that Systems Analysis may be the catalyst to break up the great friendships we have already made, and deliver us to the dark side. I'm not sure I'm buying it. So far, the professors have been entertaining us with impromptu joking around, filling our bathtubs with beer at the friday pubs, and most notably keeping us to a mandatory 9-4 class schedule. I was expecting some kind of psychological dismantling (as this is a course to make us think differently). Where's all the drama and excitement? Maybe it will start to happen when we get into our group work and start mentally dismantling each other. Now don't let me fool you into thinking that I crave the drama, or that I hope we will no longer be friends. I guess I'm just realizing that you can't believe all the hype. Although I have been having dreams in stock and flow terms... That has been a little bit creepy and they told us it would happen. What is this some sort of brainwashing?

Well, I guess its all about "working hard and having fun"...

See you at class!

1 comment:

David said...

i agree. don't believe the hype. but i AM starting to feel a bit frustrated by differences in how the problem seems to be written on the paper, and how it is then explained on the whiteboard. i know they are trying to prepare us for incomplete information and all that, but it can be infuriating when your model is based on an assumption that is later contradicted. so i guess that will be the key to the group work: clear communication and consensus on the group's assumptions... (sorry if i am stating the obvious here)...